Home » General » BJP accuses ministers of violating poll code

BJP accuses ministers of violating poll code

Hyderabad, March 4 (INN): Telangana BJP president G Kishan Reddy on Wednesday accused the TRS leaders, especially the ministers, of violating the election code which is in force for MLC polls.

Addressing a press conference at the State BJP headquarters at Nampally here, Kishan Reddy said the TRS ministers and leaders have been violating the Model Code of Conduct. The TRS Government is issuing GOs and constituting commissions to lure voters of Graduates Constituencies of Telangana Legislative Council. He informed that the BJP would approach the Election Commission of India against these violations.

Kishan Reddy also criticised the constitution of different commissions ahead of budget session of Legislative Assembly. He said instead of issuing such GOs, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao should focus on implementation of welfare schemes. He said that he Chief Minister should stop the curtain raisers with immediate effect. He also accused the TRS Government for wrongly blaming the BJP-led Central Government for delay in issuing scholarships. He said that the Centre has already released 75% of the scholarship amounts and remaining 25% too would be released by March 31. However, the TRS Government withheld the scholarship amounts only to defame the Centre.

The BJP leader also condemned the State Government for not releasing the fee reimbursement dues. He said the delay has been causing problems for the managements of private colleges, parents and students. He said alleged that the GHMC was resorting to indiscriminate collection of Property Tax from the citizens. He said that the BJP would raise all these issues in the forthcoming budget session of Telangana Legislature.

x

Check Also

4 convicted, 10 acquitted in Akbar Owaisi attack case

Hyderabad, June 29: The VII Additional Metropolitan Sessions ...